Town edged out in final game of 2015 - The Evesham Observer

Town edged out in final game of 2015

Evesham Editorial 23rd Dec, 2015 Updated: 20th Oct, 2016   0

Pershore Town 1 Pilkington XXX 2

Midland League Division One

PILKINGTON XXX claimed maximum points from Saturday’s visit to the 2020SolarPV Stadium after coming from behind to seal victory.

The visitors enjoyed more possession in the early stages but Town opened the scoring after 14 minutes when good work by Jacob Snape set up Danny Ludlow to score with a fierce left-footed strike from just inside the area.

Pilkington, however, equalised with a massively deflected shot from Dayle Kenny which found its way into the net after 29 minutes.

Town were unlucky not to regain the lead when Steve Webb’s strike went just wide of the post and Danny Carter’s right-footed effort was pushed on to the post by the keeper.

The visitors, however, scored on the counter-attack on the stroke of half time when Connor Leek took on his marker before scoring with a right-footed strike past home keeper George Harris, who had replaced the injured Andy Yarnold.

Both teams had chances to score in the second half as the visitors twice went close within the space of a couple of minutes, whilst Town also had further good efforts including James Walker’s header narrowly going wide from a corner and a well worked free kick from Snape again testing the keeper.

Town’s next match is at Racing Club Warwick on January 2, followed by two home matches against Cadbury Athletic on Saturday, January 9 (3pm) and current leaders Coventry United on Tuesday, January 12 (7.45pm).

Are you on Facebook?

Like or follow our Facebook page - to get daily news updates straight to your news feed.


Advertise with the Evesham Observer to reach your audience


We can provide all of your printing needs at competitive rates.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Evesham Observer.


Receive a weekly update to your inbox by signing up to our weekly newsletter.