Inkberrow stun champions - The Evesham Observer

Inkberrow stun champions

Evesham Editorial 5th Nov, 2018   0

CHAMPIONS Bretforton Old Boys suffered their first defeat of the Evesham Sunday League Division One season as Alex Bullock’s goal secured a 1-0 victory for visitors Inkberrow.

Bretforton Sports Club took advantage to close the gap at the top with a 6-0 win at Stour Excelsior, but Evesham WMC surrendered a 3-0 lead at New Inn Pershore as Elliott Grady’s hat-trick was cancelled out by goals from Mark Bellamy, Kyle Ballard and Josh Smith.

Broadway United reached the last eight of the Evesham Mechanical Services Knockout Cup with a 2-0 victory over Fladbury in which their goals came from Will Aspey and Dave Cooper.

Badsey Recreation moved into fourth place in Division Two with a 3-1 victory at TDMS Evesham in which Dean Cox, Phil Davies and Dan Keen scored for Badsey and Matthew Craig netted for TDMS.

AFC Cheltenham hit five without reply at Fortis as Noah Hurley bagged a hat-trick and Luke Hughes a brace, whilst TDMS Harvington were held 2-2 by Pebworth as Harry Quirke and Luke Woodfield were on target for Harvington and Tom Benfield and George Mallory likewise for the visitors.

Division Three leaders Stratford HGC comfortably won 9-0 at Bengeworth, whilst Vale United took the local honours with a 4-3 success at Ambi Allsports in which Paul Law (2), James Wallace and Graham Westmacott netted for improving Vale and Max Tarry, Will Johns and Dan Hackling struck for the hosts.

Promotion-chasing Ashton 88 and Stour Excelsior Reserves drew 4-4, with Lewis Carter (2), Will Stevens and Adam Jenkins scoring for hosts Ashton and the Shipston side registering with goals from Sam Johnson (2), Jack Murphy and Nick Walker.

Struggling Bredon reached the last eight of the Bluck Cup with a 2-1 victory at Alcester Town thanks to goals from Ben Hayward and David Huggins, with Connor Griffiths on the mark for the hosts.

Cropthorne progressed 4-0 at Fairfield Titans through goals from Tom Boother (2), John Boother and Oliver Clayton and Strawberry Field United won through 4-1 at Dragons as Matt Magee and Craig Colston got among the goals and Luke Trotman netted for the hosts.

Mickleton Rangers and Tewkesbury Town progressed into the GFA Sunday Premier Cup third round. Rangers won their third penalty shoot-out of the season – this time against Leonard Stanley – after a 1-1 draw and Town defeated Gloucester side AFC Renegades 4-1. However, Alderton bowed out 4-0 against Churchdown Parish.

Are you on Facebook?

Like or follow our Facebook page - to get daily news updates straight to your news feed.


Find a career you'll love with our free career finder website.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Evesham Observer.


Receive a weekly update to your inbox by signing up to our weekly newsletter.

Reader Travel

Check out all of the latest reader travel offers to get your hands on some free gifts.