A TOTAL of £280,000 has been made available for new projects aimed at improving road safety in the West Mercia Police region.
The cash comes from Police and Crime Commissioner John Campion who is keen to receive bids that include:
- Road safety awareness campaigns
- Enhanced road safety initiatives
- Targeted road safety education
- Targeted road safety training
- Extending community speed watch areas
- Buying equipment to promote or facilitate road safety for the use of the publi
“Too many people are losing their lives on our roads and it’s time more was done,” said PCC Campion.
“Through new projects and initiatives, on top of what is already being done, I hope to raise more awareness of road safety and reduce the amount of those being killed or injured, as well as the number of those committing road traffic offences.
For more information, visit https://tinyurl.com/yxgp7bj2