VISITORS and residents are being urged to #EnjoyWychavonSafely this summer while experiencing the sights and sounds of the district.
Normally at this time of year Wychavon’s festival season would be in full swing. Unfortunately, many of them have had to be cancelled or postponed because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
People do not have to miss out completely though. The Worcestershire Vale and Spa website contains ideas of how people can recreate the spirit of some of those festivals in their own way.
- Highlights from previous Pershore Jazz festivals
- Videos of sides from across the county competing for the Evesham Stick at past National Morris Weekends
- A series of walks to enjoy from Evesham Rambling Club
- Details of competitions and events still running as part of the Evesham Festival of Words
- Recreate the flavour of Droitwich Food Festival by exploring what local producers have to offer
- A guide to celebrating Pershore’s famous plums (coming soon)
- Download an app with six cycle routes around the area starting at Evesham Railway Station (coming soon)
- A number of Wychavon’s visitor attractions are now open and are eager to welcome you back with safety measures in place.
Coun Richard Morris, executive board member for Economic Growth and Tourism on Wychavon District Council, said: “There is still plenty to celebrate and enjoy this summer, even though we can’t do it the way we usually would.
“We will be adding more information to our events at home page while also encouraging you to get out and about and explore all our district has to offer.
“Covid-19 is still circulating in the community so it’s important people wash and sanitise their hands regularly, keep a safe distance from others and follow other social distancing guidance. We want you to #EnjoyWychavonSafely this summer.”
Visit www.valeandspa.co.uk/home-events for more.