Fire crews tackle tumble dryer fire in Evesham - The Evesham Observer

Fire crews tackle tumble dryer fire in Evesham

Evesham Editorial 30th Mar, 2016 Updated: 20th Oct, 2016   0

FIRE crews have tackled a tumble dryer fire in a garage at a property in Badsey.

Hereford and Worcester Fire Service were called to the scene at about 12.30pm today (Wednesday).

Hose reels and breathing apparatus were used to put out the fire.

Fire crews are now urging┬áVale residents not to leave tumble dryers unattended when switched on, and to regularly clean out the dryer’s lint filter.




A spokesperson for Hereford and Worcester Fire Service said: “The incident involved a fire in a tumble dryer. The crews from Evesham Fire Station used hose reel jets and breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire.”

 


Recruitment

Find a career you'll love with our free career finder website.

Business Directory

From plumbers, to restaurants, we can provide you with all the info you need.

Online Editions

Catch up on your local news by reading our e-editions on the Evesham Observer.

Buy Photos

Buy photos online from the Evesham Observer newspaper.