Paul Napper, head chef at the Evesham Hotel writes for the Observer
CURRIED CHICKEN AND MANGO SALAD
WITH the recent launch of The Mulberry Spa and new swim membership scheme at the hotel, more and more local residents have been ordering healthy eats to indulge in poolside.
So with that in mind, I thought I would share a sumptuous chicken salad, perfect to serve as a light lunch or starter for a summer dinner party.
This lightly spiced fruit salad is a modern take on a coronation chicken and a low calorie lunch for two.
6 Mini chicken fillets
1tsp Olive oil
2tsp Curry powder
4tsp Greek yoghurt
2tbsp Mango chutney
Zest of half a lime and 2tsp of juice
1 Baby gem lettuce, leaves separated
1 Ripe mango, peeled and sliced
2tsp Toasted sesame seeds
1/2 Red onion, finely sliced
1. Heat the oven to 200oc/gas mark 6, toss the chicken in the oil and 1tsp of the curry powder, season and mix well to coat.
2. Place the chicken on a foil lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked then leave to cool.
3. Slice the chicken and place in a bowl and set to one side.
4. Make the dressing by mixing the remaining curry powder with the yoghurt, chutney and the lime zest and juice (add 1tsp of water if the dressing is too think)
5. To serve, arrange the lettuce leaves on two plates then top with the sliced mango and cooked chicken then drizzle over the dressing and finally scatter over the onions and seeds – Enjoy!