September 30th, 2016

Mum furious at Orchards play area delays

Mum furious at Orchards play area delays Mum furious at Orchards play area delays
Updated: 4:18 pm, Feb 18, 2016

AN ANGRY Evesham mum has hit out at housing developers after the park they promised would be opened four months ago remains fenced off.

Mother of two Caroline Lockwood moved to The Orchards housing development more than two years ago and said she was disgusted by the way developers had treated disgruntled parents.

The saga began in August last year when hundreds of parents signed a petition calling on Bovis Homes, Taylor Wimpey and Barratt Homes to open the swings, slide and monkey bars.

The trio of developers claimed the play area would be opened in September then pushed the opening date back to the end of October.

The area has also been branded ‘embarrassing’ as cigarette packets, empty beer cans and vodka bottles have been left on the grass as the bins are still boarded up.

Speaking to the Observer, Mrs Lockwood said she now hopes the fresh push will get developers to finally open the play equipment and reinstate the bins.

“They’ve laid the grass, all the equipment is there and it’s all ready to be played on,” she said.

“I’ve been living here for two years now and the park was used as a selling point.

“It’s really frustrating as the children have to keep walking past the park everyday.

“There’s only so many times you can keep telling them why it’s not open.

“I’m just really disgusted by it all to be honest. All I ask for is the park is opened and the bins reinstated,” she added.

A spokesperson for the housing developers said: “We are in the process of arranging public liability insurance for the play area.

“Once this is in place we will be in a position to remove the fencing and open the area to the public.”

Comments