A HOUSE in Evesham has been left severely damaged after a fire spread through the building in the early hours of this morning.
Fire crews from Evesham, Broadway and Pershore attended the scene on Burford Road at about 2.45am on Tuesday (September 8) when the fire was believed to have started.
The fire spread to the first and second floors and the roof space of the house, an aerial ladder platform had to be used to tackle the blaze.
Firefighters also used breathing equipment, hose reel jets and two main jets to bring the fire under control.
One man had to be treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by paramedics from West Midlands Ambulance Service, he was later transferred to the Alexandra Hospital for further treatment.
Everyone who was in the building at the time was accounted for, including a cat who was rehoused with a neighbour.