Kieran Hunt, head chef at the Wood Norton Hotel writes for the Observer
SUMMER 2016 is here and weather aside we all like to indulge in something sweet but not too heavy.
So for this month’s Chef’s Corner I bring you the very delicious and easy to make Raspberry soufflé!
You will need:
500ml raspberry coulis
160g egg whites
1. Gently heat 500g of fresh raspberries with a little sugar and a splash of water till they start to break down
2. Blend on high and pass through a fine mesh to create a coulis.
3. Heat the coulis and add the cornflour till thick
4. Refrigerate and leave to cool.
5. Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks add the sugar and whisk to firm peaks.
6. Beat the chilled base till smooth and add the egg whites in small amounts.
7. Butter large ramekin’s on the bottom and in upwards strokes on the sides
8. Evenly place the mix inside the ramekin’s to just short of being full
9. Cook in a preheated oven at 180oc for 10-12 minutes.
Not a fan of raspberries? Use this method for different flavours but just change the fruit!